General information about Botox
- Botox is a highly purified naturally occurring protein produced by fermentation.
- Botox has been used to treat millions of patients around the world over the past 30 years, for over 140 cosmetic and medical indications.
- Beside the cosmetic reasons Botox is sometimes used to treat migraine headaches. It was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2010.
How does Botox work?
- Botox works by relaxing muscles where excess muscle tension is causing unwanted negative expressions like frown lines, crow's feet and forehead wrinkles.
- Most people want relaxation of the muscles, but not complete loss of expression. Ritual Health Service's professional team will provice for you relax the muscles as much or as little as you like.
- Botox is injected into the muscles surrounding the frown lines. Botox works by temporarily weakening these tiny facial muscles in a very precise manner. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smoother, while the untreated facial muscles contract normally, allowing normal facial expression to be unaffected.
What are Important Notices about during the process and after process?
- No sedation or local anesthetic is required, and you will be able to drive and engage in all your usual activities immediately after your treatment. Please avoid exercise and alcohol for 24 hours following your treatment. Please do not lie flat for 4 hours after your treatment.
- You may have slight and temporary bruising of the skin at the injection sites, but otherwise, there will likely be no visible signs of your treatment. Some people notice a mild headache the evening of the treatment.
- Medications that slow the rate of blood clotting (anticoagulants) may increase the risk of bruising. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, ginseng, ginkgo, high dose vitamin E, St. John's Wort, coumadin, and plavix. Please do not discontinue prescription medications without discussing with a physician.
- The relaxation from botox comes on gradually over a period of about a week. Full correction occurs in 2-4 weeks.
- Depending on the dose, most people notice that the relaxation from botox starts to wear off after 3-4 months.
Will there be a feeling of pain during the Botox procedure?
- Because the needle used to inject botox is so fine and the amount of liquid is small, the pain associated with the injection is minimal. You may experience the feeling of being bitten by a tiny insect.