DHI Hair Transplant
What is hair transplantation with DHI method?
DHI means "Direct Hair Implantation". In this method, grafts are collected with the medical pencil called Choi, which should be used only by specialists, and then the hair obtained
with this pen is placed directly on the skin without opening incision or channel.
In the hair transplantation methods known, these two procedures are performed on separate journeys, thanks to the special pen used, the operation is reduced to one by one and comfort
and convenience is provided to the patient. In short, while
hair transplantation technique called FUE has three stages, DHI has two stages.
The aim of the application is to increase the quality of hair transplantation,
to provide a dense image, to ensure that the person who is undergoing hair transplantation without shortening the existing
hair image is able to return to his daily life quickly.
What are the stages?
Hair follicles are removed from the donor area with local anesthesia and hair follicles are collected with special pen. Then, the hair follicles are placed on the scalp by means of this special device.
Hair follicles are placed on the scalp through a special Choi pen. This pen has a very thin, pointed end that can be placed in the hair follicle due to its special structure.
This fine-tip medical pencil, immersed in the scalp at a suitable angle, is placed in the
scalp with the hair follicle when pressed in the special area behind it. This method, which is applied without damaging healthy tissues, is advantageous in terms of allowing more frequent transplanting.
Generally, this method is preferred because the follicles are placed immediately without waiting after the removal. Thus, the retention rate and the chances of the grafts to stay healthy increases.
Although it is a technique that has existed since then, it has become popular recently.
It is very important that the procedure taking about 10-12 hours is done by experienced people. As with robotic hair surgery and FUE method, the first day after the procedure, patient is checked.
The second day washing begins and lasts for eight days.
What are the advantages?
• The process of opening the channel and placing the hair follicle at the same time allows for the removal of the collected hair follicles without waiting for a long time.
• It allows for much more frequent transplantation and much more natural looking.
• Thanks to its special instrument, the waiting time of the follicles is reduced during hair transplantation. Thus, the risk of follicle loss is minimized.
• Existing hair will not be damaged. It is a method which can be used in patients who have incomplete hair loss.
• The patient experiences a rapid recovery.